Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Animals Are Driving Me Crazy and It Is Only January......


DOG:
“Why aren’t we walking?  Remember we took a long hike yesterday at 8:32 AM?”
“So what if it is 2 degrees?  What difference does that make?”
“Remember that nice lady who came for dinner the other night and made a huge fuss over me? I am going to wait by the door for her as she came at 5:07 PM.”  “What?  She isn’t coming today?”  Bummer!”
“Remember that party you had the other night when there were a lot of people here who made a big to-do over me?  Can that happen again really soon?”
“Now, yesterday at 3:02 PM you gave me a biscuit.  I know you were on the phone when you did it, but I am standing here right now at 3:02 in front of the cupboard where the biscuits are and where are you?”

CAT:
“Yesterday we got up at 5:30, why are you buried under the covers today? I keep poking you and walking over your head, but you aren’t paying any attention to me.  Is it because you had that party with all those people?”
“Why is the bathroom door closed?  You know I like to go in there and splash around in the toilet bowl and make the seat all wet.”

DOG & CAT:
5:30 PM
“Why are you drinking that glass of wine?”

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this had me laughing out loud! Why is it they can learn all these things - biscuit cupboard, walk time, get-up time - and then totally become deaf, dumb and blind when you want them to leave their marrow bone and come in before midnight? Does this mean I have to come over every night at 5:07?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Susan -- could you do that? The marrow bone issue is stopping. It happened again last night (same bone)...I waited an hour and a half beyond my bedtime for her to come in. If it were the summer, I would leave her out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given the size of that marrow bone, it's going to be a loooong winter! If I were you, I would go out and find it and toss it in the trash! See you at 5:07...(-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has already met the cylindrical basket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! But how can you ignore them when they actually start talking to you like that??

    ReplyDelete