Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dressing Like Steve..............

Talking with my sister, who is a few years older than I am, I realize how much we talk about how little there is out there for our age group...a whole industry just waiting to happen for some smart-thinking entrepreneur.

Before I started dressing SOPOGWC (South Portland Goodwill Chic), I used to shop at Eddie Bauer.  One day I walked in a store and realized that they had abruptly sabotaged my age group for the younger set.  I looked around the store and all the customers were over 50 looking bewildered with furrowed brows saying “what happened?”  I also like L.L. Bean, where I go for sport clothes, but I don’t want to be attired where someone looks at you and says “Ah, L.L. Bean”.  Talbots?  Too expensive.

So, I have decided to dress like Steve Jobs.  Black top/denim or black jeans for casual; black pants/black top for dress up.  Maybe add white tops for summer and adding Buffs (www.planetbuff.com) and scarves for color to an otherwise dull outfit.  Shoes?  Keens or clogs. Think of all the time it will save not having to decide what to wear. Yep, I am going to do it.

2 comments:

  1. Well, now I'm going to have to do an internet search to see what Steve Jobs looks like (and exactly who he is.....sorry, the name sounds familiar, but I'm horrid at celebrity stuff).

    But I hear ya on the garment racks at the stores. Can't fit in that.....too "old" for those...how am I supposed to WEAR that thing?.....

    Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked him up. Boy do I feel silly now.

    ReplyDelete