Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I just read an article in the paper that said you should have those close to you make your New Year’s resolutions, and then work together on periodic progress reports during the year to see that they are achieved.

I gave up making resolutions years ago, as they were always the same and I never followed through with them……….paint each day, be more gregarious, etc., etc.  In general I am quite happy with my life, so don’t feel this great need to change it in anyway.

Now, the question is, what would those close to me suggest for my resolutions?  I am sure the first one would be to not be such a PITA (I am sure you can figure out what this acronym means) about food, clutter, etc.  I am working really hard on this as I have achieved a diet that works for me and I have a house that is clutter-free and I enjoy being in it, so my PITAness comes from trying to make others want to follow my path.

I think another suggested resolution would not to be so critical of others.  I have been working on this one too, and it has been quite successful.  I have overcome many problems in my life and I somehow expect others to do the same.  It doesn’t work that way, and I know it.  I constantly hear my beloved daughter saying “Mom, it is not your concern.”  And this is the voice I am listening to and trying to be more open in my judgment of others.

So, as the New Year approaches, I look forward to a year of many exciting changes (hopefully) for me, and to a better me, that is open to change.  And you, what would those close to you suggest for your New Year’s resolutions?

4 comments:

  1. Well, my Mom's New Year's Resolution for ME would be to "clean up the clutter". Which is never, every done. No matter if I just cleaned up ten minutes earlier.

    And MY resloution for HER? Exactly what your daughter said! :)

    Have a Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I find your PITAness to be an asset! While there are things I'd like to accomplish this year, I, too, am pretty satisfied with how I've evolved. However, the clutter is going this year. Amen. I mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask those close to me to suggest New Year's resolutions for me? Gawsh, that's kinda scary. And do you know what? I don't have a clue as to what they would suggest. Hunh. If I can get up the courage, I'm gonna put that little idea of yours to the test. (Gulp.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Susan. I like that you're persnickety about food and clutter. BUT, yes, don't be so judgmental and critical of other people. Be persnickety about your OWN food and clutter. People will ask for your help if they want it.

    ReplyDelete