Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday ramblings........

I just read that the hot new color for 2012 is ORANGE!  I look dreadful in orange.  I love how the fashion industry just decides what color will be the featured one, not taking into account that we all have different coloring.

I remember years ago going with some friends to a “Color Me Beautiful” session where they matched up the best colors for you and assigned you a season.  They would drape big swatches of fabric on you and you could immediately see what looked good and what didn’t. I still have that little folder somewhere with swatches of all the colors that were suited to my coloring. I used to carry it around in my purse.
It doesn’t really matter to me what the new color of the year is, as I do most of my shopping at this Goodwill in Maine where people donate these incredible clothes.  It is fun to get dressed and realize that my entire outfit may have cost me $10.  

OK, let me put on my Goodwill L.L. Bean jacket ($7.99) and take the dog for a walk!

4 comments:

  1. I am very happy about Tangerine Tango! I love orange - not sure if I look good in it, but I love the color. It reminds me of my granny's hair...hehehehw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't wear orange, but I am very happy with my orange dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that mango dining room makes everyone look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot dang! 2012 may be a good year for me. Orange is my favorite color and I wear a lot of it. (So far, nobody has had the nerve to tell me I look like death warmed over in it!)

    Speaking of getting good deals on clothing (not), shopping in the big city yesterday for an inexpensive sweatshirt (plain ol' crewneck pull over), I think I lost consciousness for a short time when I saw one for $60. Can you believe that? I couldn't. Nor did I buy it. Hahahahahaha! That would be the day!

    ReplyDelete