Friday, November 18, 2011

Misc. Friday........

I am going through a bit of “blog block” as I read everyone else’s and find them so good and interesting.  This is also why I have such trouble when I take art classes as I will invariably sit next to someone who is fantastic and become totally paralyzed.  But I am going to continue on with my blog and get in the cadence of it………..

Recently, in the November issue of Country Living a wrought iron candle chandelier was highlighted for $16.95.  I have always wanted one, mainly as the lighting in my dining room is via lamps only, there is no overhead light.  I ordered it (www.eagle-emporium.com) and it came in a day.  It is very well made and very much a bargain for $16.95.

Did I mention that my ceiling is 12’ at its highest point?  Did I mention that I live alone and that when I want something done I get impatient if I have to wait for help, so take it on myself?  I have completed many a death defying act because of this impatience.  Well, this proved easier than I expected although I did have to stand on the next to the top rung of my 8’ stepladder.  Here is the result……………..


Can't you just see some holly wrapped around the chandelier for Christmas?

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Your diningroom looks like a picture out of a glossy magazine. Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, this is the first time I have noticed your wall color! It's fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan - I have ALWAYS had a red dining room. I don't know why. I just love the color red in all its shades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama Pea's right, your room DOES look like it's a photoshoot from BH&G or the like. And that chandelier looks beautiful...especailly at under $17 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mama Pea and Carolyn - I love to decorate. My greatest desire is to have an empty house and a limited, yes limited budget. I would have such fun! I am working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no one like my mom if you are having a design issue. She'll say, "Well, clearly you need to move the couch over there" and you wonder why you didn't realize it yourself."

    Is the chandelier wired, or just candles? Don't make me worry about you setting the holiday greenery ablaze.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie - Just candles. When would you have time to worry about me setting holiday greenery on fire :)

    ReplyDelete