Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Home Again..............

Here I am back in my rural abode.  When I awakened in the night (or should I say “when I was awakened” by cat walking on my hair!), I could hear some wild animal howling and I thought how the night before in Maine I probably would have heard fire engines or ambulances.

If I were wealthy would I have both places?  No, at age 68 and single, my thinking has changed.  I would love to get another little house, as I am not really an apartment dweller, with a yard for the dog and cat, and a little garden.  I have reached the time in life where I would like to be near my daughter and her family.

So each day when I walk here, I savor my surroundings like a sponge, so I can recall them when I am not here.  I grew up in the mountains so have a particular affinity for them, but have found that being near water is a huge draw too.  I love to watch the sea birds, boats and all.

Here is the view from the walking trail by my house in New York.


 And here is the dog, Grayling, dressed for hunting season.


And here is the park in Maine that I walk to each morning.


1 comment:

  1. Ah, tough choice. I would choose (and have chosen) the mountains. But the water is nice to visit. Especially when your best friend has a cute little house, beautifully decorated, in which you may stay to visit the water....

    ReplyDelete