Friday, November 25, 2011

From Maine

I am here in my “other” place with my family.  It amazes me that I have had this little apartment for two years.  I am the senior tenant, not only in longevity, but also in age.  And where did those two years go?

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving…..delicious meal, good company.  The only mishap was that the dishwasher broke.  I had said to my daughter, Julie, the day before “Wow, this is a workhorse, what brand is it?”, since they do two full loads a day vs. my possibly two loads a week.  Poof, the next day, having received that compliment, the machine bellied up.  I left them last night with dishes piled sky high.  It reminded me of a Saturday Evening Post cover that I had on my refrigerator for years……..a woman sitting in a kitchen, looking totally exhausted, with dishes piled all around her.  You could see into the living room, the husband sitting in a big old strata lounger, puffing a cigar, watching football on TV.

Today I rearranged furniture in my apartment.  This is a little something I do all the time that has driven a few men in my life bonkers.  I just get bored with the same old, same old, so need a little change.  Unfortunately, it didn’t work out as planned in this two room space, but I was too tired to put it back in its original state.  Maybe next time.
These are my granddaughters………….Zuzanna, “Zuzu”, 3 ½, and Ramona “Mony”, 1 ½.  I will introduce the boys next time.

Enjoy the long weekend everyone.  I have been having trouble with the wifi here so haven’t posted much.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my, gosh. That picture of Zuzu is worth a million words! I like her dolly. That opening photograph brings back such good memories. What a view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chiming in late to say that if rearranging furniture is what drives the men in your life nuts, I think you're doing ok.

    ReplyDelete