Friday, December 14, 2012


PLEASE JUST ONCE COULD I GET……


An amaryllis where the leaves and the flowers come up simultaneously?  You can see that I have had to enhance this one with some holly branches (I have a couple of holly bushes in my back yard).  I have another one going and the same thing is happening.  I am going to start opening the packages before I buy them.

ANIMALS……..


I have been invited to a country place for the weekend.  Having been here for five months, I look forward to a change of scenery.  I was also (mind you, past tense) looking for a bit of time away from the animals who have been glued to my side for all these months.
Yesterday I go to this woman’s house who boards animals.  She has three dogs and a cat and I should have known right there that it wasn't going to work.  Grayling entered the house and went absolutely berserk, jumping on a table, snapping at the cat, and running around like a maniac.  The poor woman looked on and said “How old is this dog?” “10”  “Oh, she doesn't act like a 10 year old”.  Enough said.  Those of you who know her understand.  Sigh……quiet weekend without dog shattered.

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS………….

I read “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn because I had heard so many people say it was a “must read”.  And I must admit it kept me reading and was cleverly written, but I believe it was not written for my genre.
Another book that I read and thoroughly enjoyed was “A Light Between Two Oceans” by M.L. Stedman,  a great story that would make a wonderful movie.  I couldn’t put it down.
I am now reading “Astray” by Emma Donoghue, short stories she has fictionalized based on true historical facts.  It is very good.

CHRISTMAS

The cards have been coming in…….wonderful cards with friends pictured with their adorable children/grandchildren.  I even got one from a man who paints each card individually….he works all year on this, which I think is a great idea.  I somehow haven’t been so motivated, so if you don’t get a card from me by Christmas, possibly you will get a New Year’s one.  But just know that I am wishing you a wonderful holiday.


1 comment:

  1. Well, leaves or not, your amaryllis is beautiful. I've always said if I were rich, I'd subscribe to that Flower (bulb?) of the Month club. I think they usually send amaryllis(es?) at Christmas time.

    Really like your suggestions of book you've read and enjoyed. All I need now is to restructure my life so I have more time for reading. I truly enjoy reading so much that I don't know why I've never made that a priority. (Perhaps therapy is necessary first.)

    ReplyDelete