Monday, August 6, 2012


PASSWORD AGITA

I have had to change my address several times in the last couple of months…..from one apartment to another and then from my old house to an apartment and now from this apartment to a house.  I have little slips of paper all over the place with usernames and passwords, very few of them similar, because one required a number or capital letter or whatever.

So my suggestion is that when a child is born, they are given a username and password for life, just like their social security number.  These can be used for everything and will not be forgotten.
And why do some magazine websites make it incredibly easy to change your address and others make it extremely difficult.  I wish there was one website you could go to and list all your magazines and your address would automatically be changed.

Of course, we are not dealing with the most technologically savvy person here……..

2 comments:

  1. That's a sure sign you have too many magazine subscriptions. It does get confusing when you have multiple user names and passwords. I try to keep mine to a minimum, but it's still difficult to keep track. I think there is some place/service on the internet that is like a safe - where you can put all your information and then access it with - yes - another username and password.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are actually some apps that help you manage your passwords. Though I have also heard someone say that you should have a password-protected Google document that lists all your passwords, and then you only need one. Though why you need to make it a Google doc, I have no idea. I guess if you have a desktop, a laptop, a tablet, and a smartphone, and you need to access the document from The Cloud. I keep it all as a Word document.

    ReplyDelete