Saturday, August 4, 2012


REALLY MARTHA………..

Dear Martha Stewart,

Please cancel my subscription to your Living Magazine.  Your September issue was the straw that broke this camel’s back.

Do we really need to see your daughter’s luxurious triplex apartment in NYC, with all those expensive toys for your grandchildren?  Who can relate to this in this present era????  But the one item sent me over the top,  is the recipe for your Breakfast Cookies – 2 CUPS OF BUTTER and 3 CUPS OF PACKED BROWN SUGAR………for 8 large or 16 small cookies????!!!!!!  And then you label them WHOLESOME TREATS?  If you fed your kids this for breakfast, they would be dead by lunch or else in an incredible stupor.

Martha, have you been indulging a bit too much on these “wholesome treats”.


2 comments:

  1. You can label me jealous or envious or jaded or whatever, but I think that people who have as much money as our Martha does, find themselves living in a world that bears no resemblance to ours. (Or reality.) They can have anything which in some weird way leads them to thinking they can do anything . . . and have people (sheeple?) believe it is right or true or real. I don't subscribe to the magazine but that recipe is a little on the unbelievable side. Why not just put out a bowl of brown sugar with slabs of butter on top for your kids' breakfast?? Oh wait! It's no trouble to bake the cookies 'cause your underlings do it for you! (I sound really snarky, don't I?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Mama Pea is right! I believe the Wholesome Treats have led to brain damage. I guess, after awhile, you start to believe your own hype. Maybe it's a typo? She has no idea what the 99% can afford. But I love her colors -- I read the magazine secondhand, because I refuse to add to her wealth and support her minions.

    ReplyDelete